Beauty may be costly, but it doesn't have to be. You can employ a myriad of tips and tricks that I have also used when saving money and some I still use. Most, if not all, of these inexpensive beauty hacks, are either free or cost very little!
1. Use Baby Oil as a makeup remover: If you wear makeup, you can remove it with Baby Oil. You might never switch since it works rather well and is super budget-friendly.
2. DIY organic facemask: If you do not like putting a plethora of chemicals on your face, then this hack will save your life. Mix fresh fruits, vegetables, honey, oils, coffee grounds, sugar and more for your mask and put it on your face for 15 to 20 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water for a fresh glow on your face. Different ingredients can do different things for your skin. Be sure to do your research to see which ingredients will help you meet your skin goals.
3. Drugstore products suffice: You don't always have to be using high-end beauty products for a long-lasting makeup look. Most drugstore products, work almost the same and can save you tons of money. Drugstores such as Walgreens have given more access to good beauty products. Best drugstore makeup include: NYX and E.L.F.
4. Make Drugstore foundation look high-end: There are a number of ways that you can make your inexpensive foundation look flawless on your skin. On a clean face, you can use witch hazel as a toner, be sure to moisturize, use one primer (such as NYX The Marsh Mellow Primer). Let that set for a few minutes, apply light amount of foundation, then lightly apply translucent powder primarily under the eyes. Want to turn your foundation into tinted moisturizer (light coverage)? add moisturizer to your foundation and mix well (works well especially if your moisturizer is lightweight).
5. Basic DIY body scrub: Here’s how you can make yourself an organic DIY body scrub; take coffee grounds, or sugar, 1-2 drops of essential oil for scent if you prefer, and then pour the required amount of olive oil or baby oil over it. Mix well, and voila! your body scrub is ready.
6. Use lipstick as blush and eyeshadow:
It has been a practice for centuries, for women to use lipsticks on their cheeks and a little bit on the eyes. You can just use the lipstick as both and be on your way.
7. Do your own manicure and pedicure: Manicures and pedicures can add up to a lot if you are trying to save money. You could do both at home by using a few items that are available at your home. These items include: oils, lotions, hand cream, nail file, and nail paints. You can look put together all the time without spending much money. Other items that you can purchase for a good mani/ pedi: cuticle trimmer and buffing block.
8. Less is more: When it comes to skincare, less is more. You don’t need hundreds of products. All you need is a moisturizer (bonus if it includes SPF), witch hazel, and a cleanser to keep your skin clear.
9. Make your own lash serum: Save your pennies and apply castor, coconut oil, and opened vitamin E capsules. Mix well, and apply to your lashes with a spoolie to help with growth.
10. Best low cost mascaras: Maybelline Great Lash and Essence Lash Princess - both are on average about $5 each and do an excellent job.
I Hope that these tips and tricks will be helpful to you. Remember to practice self care whenever you can, especially in these stressful times!
Much love to all of you, my Crit-Beauties!
Lyn Stahl has been working with makeup since 1992 when she also first started fashion modeling. Throughout the years, she received an education in makeup artistry and became a Master Makeup Artist w/ over 40 certifications.